[Foundation-l] communications committee

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 5 04:35:41 UTC 2006

--- daniwo59 at aol.com wrote:
> Given the nature of writing press releases and the need for an archive of
> previous press releases, I support the idea of a separate wiki for
> communications.

Yet press releases need to get input from various parts of an organization prior to release and
everybody on the organization level should be aware of their drafting. How is having a separate
wiki that can only be viewed and edited by communications committee members going to faciliate
that?

Archived press releases should be, well, in the open on the foundation wiki, since those documents
have already been released. It would be bizzare to do anything else. Having a public archive of
past press releases is very common.

> In general, as was pointed out, press releases should be prepared in  advance
> of any event we know is in the making (but not yet public knowledge),  and
> not in a mad rush to get it done once the story breaks.

And how are those documents going to get prepared without help from various parts of the
organization that they pertain too?

> It is even good to have a basic reserve of "dummy press releases" that can
> be filled in as necessary.

What is wrong with having that on InternalWiki?

-- mav