[Juriwiki-l] Re: [Foundation-l] Copyright complaints

Kim Bruning kim at bruning.xs4all.nl
Sat Feb 11 19:59:02 UTC 2006

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 12:23:34PM -0500, Patrick, Brad wrote:
> To editors on en.wp in particular, don't hesitate to take action on
> copyvio.  It is better to err on the side of caution and aggressively
> delete.  The license problem is as much an educational problem as an
> actual systemic copyvio problem.

While I thank you for that statement, it's not yet sufficient.

The english wikipedia community currently does not accept
"unilaterally deleting out of process" and has severly punished those
who do so.

Due to the nature of the wiki, I can get people to listen to me, but
I cannot give orders. I have to come up with reasoned arguments why
people would voluntarily want to take some course of action.

Could you help me by providing those? Preferably we could do this by
creating a page on the english wikipedia, detailing such reasoning.

sincerely,
	Kim Bruning

--
[Non-pgp mail clients may show pgp-signature as attachment]
gpg (www.gnupg.org) Fingerprint for key  FEF9DD72