[Foundation-l] Advertisement

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sun Dec 31 01:23:25 UTC 2006

Teun Spaans wrote:

>You might be right.
>I realize that posting in english is not optimal. But the present
>situation, where people are confronted with a change and must go
>hunting around to find where information has been published, has
>disadvantages too.
>
>One way to work around the problem os that this "push" becomes
>optional, in the senese that village pumps can subscribe/unsubscribe.

Posting these notices in English may not be optimal, but I think the
chance of getting timely translations is much better when you give the
material to a pool of potential (but perhaps undiscovered) translators.
Things are likely to go more slowly when you have only one person to
whom you can give the work.  It also seems more wiki-like to distribute
the task to a group of workers.

Ec