[Foundation-l] Be bold!

Michiel Bontenbal wikipedia.bontenbal at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 14:53:36 UTC 2006

Being bold has always been an guiding principle in Wikimedia projects.
Starting from scratch, we've come a very long way by believing in what we
thought was possible. We made possible what seemed impossible, just by
simply doing it.

Many in the board seem to believe that a Wikipedia without showing sponsor's
logo's is impossible. I don't believe that. I think a Wikipedia without
sponsor's logo's is possible, as it has been in the past.

I would like to ask the Board to boldly believe in the future. Don't give in
to demands from sponsors or donors, don't give in to the principle of
independence, not just a tiny little bit.

Please live up to that guiding principle of being bold!

Best regards,

Michiel Bontenbal
(nl:Gebruiker:Bontenbal<http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gebruiker:Bontenbal>
)