[Foundation-l] This is not an Advertisement

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 13:16:22 UTC 2006

Oldak Quill schreef:
> On 29/12/06, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hoi,
>> I am happy to see that the Wikimedia Foundation has the decency to
>> publicly thank those who make a difference. And I think you should see
>> that too.
>> Thanks,
>>     GerardM
>>

> The problems are not about accepting or publically thanking Virgin
> Unite, it was the way Virgin Unite was thanked. Some users were
> concerned by the way in which they were thanked. According to an
> earlier post (was it dannywo or Brad?) we were contractually obliged
> to thank them in this way.
Hoi,
I fail to find it from either. What I do find is that it is the WMF
decides what they accept or do not accept when it comes to conditions
coming with monetary contributions . Reading back it is easier for me to
understand that it is the WMF who decided to post the small logo than
that it was insisted upon by Virgin.

I think it is wholly appropriate to thank for such a substantial
contribution in this way.

Thanks,
    GerardM