[Foundation-l] This is not an Advertisement

Mark Ryan ultrablue at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 02:14:12 UTC 2006

On 29/12/06, Jeroenvrp <wikipedia at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> I will ask the Foundation to make an official excuse to the community about
> forcing these site notices and about not directly informing the communities.

The Wikimedia Foundation board has semi-regular elections. If you are
unhappy with the decisions they make, vote differently next time.
Don't blankly defy what they have decided on behalf of all Wikimedia
projects, out of some misguided sense of self-importance. That will
just get you emergency desysopped more quickly.

I asked you in IRC to explain why you were edit warring against the
wishes of the Foundation, and you did not respond.

It's one thing to disagree with what the Foundation has decided to go
with for this fundraiser. It is quite another to take it upon yourself
to prevent the Foundation from implementing that decision on your
local project. You should be taking a long, hard look at whether you
can continue to participate in Wikimedia projects if you have such
trouble accepting decisions of the Wikimedia Foundation, who it should
not be forgotten have to pay all the bills.

~Mark Ryan