[Foundation-l] This is not an Advertisement

Jeroenvrp wikipedia at xs4all.nl
Thu Dec 28 22:09:19 UTC 2006

Op donderdag 28 december 2006 23:03, schreef Michael Bimmler:
> Okay. And sure you know how to get in contact with the whole
> community? Because people tend to complain about not being informed,
> although they just didn't read the relevant threads on foundation-l.
> Should we make a notice on every little village pump (it will be
> really cheap and easy to translate such a thing in every possible
> language to allow non-english-speakers to participate)? Or shall we
> send an email to every registered Wikimedia user (see translation
> issue above)? Or do you know another way how *everybody* feels
> included, asked and considered?

I allready explained that. There a few mailing lists for the local communities
and there are village pumps. I'm not talking about informing every single
project, but the ones with a good amount of community members. Yes, the are
many of them, but it is 30 min. work to inform them. You can do it English,
there is always someone who can translate it and that is ten times better
than only informing this mailing list, that is not read by the average hard
working contributors.

Jeroenvrp