[Foundation-l] "By electing some of the Board members, who are really few"...

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 21:42:23 UTC 2006

On 12/28/06, Gatto Nero <gattonero at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2006/12/28, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>:
> > On 28/12/06, Gatto Nero <gattonero at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > You said: 4 of 7 members, 5 of 7 members. Nice, but that's not 7 of 7,
> > > and I think this is the first problem.
> >

> > You are actually completely and utterly wrong here. You need outsiders
> > on a board for perspective.
>
> Sure, but we can talk of "external perspective" only when we have a
> complete "internal perspective", that is what we have not.

It is widely considered irresponsible for companies or charitable
organizations NOT to have external representatives on the board of
directors.

If you believe that there is an internal communications problem, then I
support you publicizing it and working to end it, but getting rid of
external-ish board members is a terribly wrong solution.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com