[Foundation-l] new site notice now ready

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Thu Dec 28 21:30:16 UTC 2006

On 12/28/06, Domas Mituzas <midom.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
> > (Yes, that was sarcasm.  A distributed Wikipedia could be done, and it
> > could be done for less than 1.5 million.  That's my belief and I'm
> > sticking with it.  Just because something hasn't been done before
> > doesn't make it impossible.)
>
> I believe achieving world peace for 1.5 million is quite feasible too.
> All you have to do is to redefine meanings for 'world' and 'peace'
> somewhere.

Fair enough, I'm certainly not in a position to tell you you're wrong.

> Same with 'distributed Wikipedia'. It is very easy to distribute it.
> It won't necessarily work as people are used to.

What about just the images?  They take up a lot of storage space, and
a lot of bandwidth.  How much could be saved just by distributing
those?

You seem to be coming at the problem with a defeatist attitude.  With
that attitude yes, it is impossible.

Anthony