[Foundation-l] new site notice now ready

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Thu Dec 28 12:19:04 UTC 2006

On 12/28/06, Gatto Nero <gattonero at gmail.com> wrote:
> But this is not what has been told to me yesterday on #wikimedia.

I don't know and cannot comment on what other people have said on IRC.

> They are independent organizations. This means "They have no voice".

We share the same communication channels. The possibility of a chapter
representative on the Board level has been discussed, but is not
currently implemented.

Mind you, chapters have a geographic focus, and generally do not have
any moral authority to represent a particular language community.

> How communities can express their opinions about Foundation choose?
> Directly? (Oh My God, don't answer "Yes")

By electing Board members, and by participating in community decision
processes (demanding more of those from time to time helps).

> "Working without being
> allowed to talk" is slavery, as far as I know.

No. This is slavery:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Cicatrices_de_flagellation_sur_un_esclave.jpg
--
Peace & Love,