[Foundation-l] new site notice now ready

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Thu Dec 28 01:33:29 UTC 2006

On 12/27/06, Daniel Mayer <maveric149 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Walter Vermeir <walter at wikipedia.be> wrote:
>
> > Daniel Mayer schreef:
> > > Are we certain that their site can handle being slammbed by all the incomming hits?
> >
> > That is NOP. (Not Our Problem) beside of that; they asked for it.

[snip]

> Saying; 'tough, they asked for it' does not seem like the best path to me. And it does become our
> problem if we didn't handle this correctly and thus reduce the likihood of them being so generous
> in the future.

Besides these valid reasons, let's not forget that Virgin Unite is
indeed a charity organization working among other things to send
health workers to save lives in Sub-Saharan Africa.  I'd say not
killing their servers is a worthy cause in its own right besides just
the fact that it might piss them off.

Anthony