[Foundation-l] Throwing some data onto the flamefest fire (was: English Wikipedia ethnocentric policy affects other communities)

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 03:23:50 UTC 2006

I regret to post my previous mail. You English Wikipedians shall be
cursed of disclimination.

I have told to the Japanese community you lifted up that fool
ethnocentric and discliminative policy. I would like to add some
editors hadn't believed Engilsh Wikipedia did enforce so a
discliminative policy. You made me a liar. Well, it is not a big deal,
but still the fact remains you are racists.

Bye,

> Today it includes a little less explanation and the word avoid was removed.
>
> "Names with non-Latin characters: Unfortunately, most of your fellow
> editors will be unable to read a name written in Cyrillic, Chinese,
> Japanese, Korean, or other scripts. Many of them will also be
> additionally burdened, as such names may be displayed for them only as
> question marks ("??? ??"), squares ("□□□ □□"), replacement characters
> ("??? ??") or worse, nonsense or mojibake ("Ã!%ôs*"). If your name is
> usually written in a non-Latin script, please consider transliterating
> it to avoid confusion, and allow easier access to your talk page by
> typing your name in the search field or URL bar."
>

> If you really can read that as bias.. then I'm afraid we're just going
> to have to disagree.
>
> I guess I'll just have to be branded a "bigot against people named
> mathematical symbols". ;)

KIZU Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org
  * Nessuna poesia prima di noi *