[Foundation-l] Throwing some data onto the flamefest fire (was: English Wikipedia ethnocentric policy affects other communities)

Luiz Augusto lugusto at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 22:42:53 UTC 2006

> On 12/22/06, Luiz Augusto <lugusto at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Gianluigi is right to assert the issue for the Italian Wikipedia: this
> isn't
> > a auto-block, first the users talks). But sorry Gregory, English
> Wikipedia
> > really make auto-blocks until no first talk.
>
> There are over 400,000 usernames on enwiki with non-ascii characters
> in them. Only 3,394 usernames with non-ascii characters have been
> blocked on enwiki.
>
> Enwiki is big enough to find single examples to support virtually any
> claim.
>
> Furthermore, you first example is only furthering the argument that
> enwiki's policy is not ethnocentric.

Do you really want to me download the latest
enwiki-latest-logging.sql.gz<http://download.wikimedia.org/enwiki/latest/enwiki-latest-logging.sql.gz>file
and make a local query? Sincerely, I don't understand any effort to
defend this stupid policy from English Wikipedia, like I don't understand
the recent xenophobic on the latest steward elections. This policy, the
votes like "generic vote against Anglo-American focus of all wiki-projects"
and some small points are to me the same subject: bias

I don't have time to talk in biased subjects, my free time is devoted to
develop libre content.