[Foundation-l] English Wikipedia ethnocentric policy affects other communities

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 14:02:46 UTC 2006

Hello, um,

On 12/22/06, George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:
> Users who've done 1,000+ edits on Korean, Serbian, Chinese, Inuktitut
> etc WPs are not the users we are afraid of here, Gerard.

I understand you think so. But here I need to say no. No regretfully
you are. Or your deeds seems to be only so.

Please back to the first of this thread with me for a while. The user
whose username change request had me bring this topic up to the list
is a
- foundationwiki editor
- Japanese Wikinews bureaucrat since 2005/7
- Japanese Wikipedia sysop since 2006/3
- he has 1000+ edits on several projects.
- his oldest edit on English Wikipedia was submitted in 2005/7
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Contributions&offset=20060331160923&limit=50&target=Qzzz
* Note: his English Wikipedia name was already altered.

And you English Wikipedia admin blocked him and his IP permanently on
sight. Sadly I need to add and he is not the sole victim. I know
another trusted user who was forced to change his username. This user
changed his username on other projects including Japanese because he
would have liked to name consistence. And I don't think they are
exceptional  - there may be other similar editors. That is what you
have been doing. Or still.

I don't criticize you - but I feel you haven't fully confronted what
you are doing yet. In generally, without the recognition of symptoms
real improvement of behavior is hardly accomplished. I expect you
realize your words and deeds are contradict, know what is the problem,
and we'll find solution at the end.

Cheers,
--
KIZU Naoko