[Foundation-l] Cherokee FundCORE translation update

David Strauss david at fourkitchens.com
Fri Dec 22 03:37:31 UTC 2006

I examined the .pot files for the Drupal translation, and they're
unfortunately in the wrong format. The msgid must contain the original
text, and the msgstr must contain the translation.

Example:
msgid "I have %number."
msgstr "Ich habe %number."

Also, the ".pot" extension is for translation templates, where the
msgstrs are all empty. The ".po" extension is for translations. This
second problem is trivial to fix.

I can fix the files with some script to reprocess the translations into
the correct format, but it will take another day or two considering
other things I need to complete before heading to Canada for the holidays.

Of course, we're still very grateful for the translation work. I look
forward to offering Cherokee as a language option on FundCORE.

David

P.S. Normally I'd reply to preserve threading, but I just subscribed to
foundation-l to keep up with this issue.