[Foundation-l] English Wikipedia ethnocentric policy affects other communities

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 22 03:12:37 UTC 2006

http://mail.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2006-December/012499.html

> > Are non-latin usernames a problem for fighting
> > high-calibre vandals who use sleeper sockpuppet
> > accounts?  This has been stated as a concern and I
> do
> > not see where latin/non-latin has any
> significance.
> >
> > Birgitte SB
>
> It makes it imposible to pick up bot generated or
> common theme names.
>
> --
> geni

If the vandals George Herbert is concerned about could
be picked up by their use of bot generation or common
themes they wouldn't exactly  qualify as "getting past
the "new user" time period and minimum edit counts".
Is it safe to say dedicated sockpuppet sleeper vandals
are not a concern regarding non-latin usernames?

Birgitte SB