[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] English Wikipedia ethnocentric policy affects other communities

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 19:55:25 UTC 2006

David Gerard schreef:
> On 21/12/06, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> The SUL is almost a year late as it is. All issues have been discussed
>> at length at the time. Postponing it now it not really an option. There
>> is also no capacity to come up with a technical solution. There is even
>> no consensus as to what the problem is.
>>

> So you really are saying that your only answer to the concerns raised
> is "fuck you"? That's disappointing. How do you plan to get every
> en:wp admin to go along with you?
>

> - d.
Hoi,
Again you misquote. To what extend do you think the admins of other
projects are asked what they think about the imposition of all kinds of
functionality that was discussed at length at the en.wikipedia or some
such. Really, much of the problem has already been solved. With SUL it
will be even easier to find if someone is a know good or a known troll.
You just seem to be unwilling to acknowledge these facts, by also using
not so polite language you make yourself less relevant in my eyes.

Thanks,
    GerardM