[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] English Wikipedia ethnocentric policy affects other communities

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 21 19:42:59 UTC 2006

--- Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/21/06, Birgitte SB <birgitte_sb at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > I said above that brion had said the
> implementation
> > details of SUL was not-negotiable.  I cannot find
> an
> > email by him with the message I remember.  Perhaps
> > someone else made that comment, or maybe my mind
> has
> > just started making up email messages in my sleep.
> > am sorry for the misquote there.
> [snip]
>
> Again, SUL and the practice of a language wiki
> blocking usernames
> which are not comprehensible to speakers of that
> language are not
> mutually exclusive.
>
> Please don't invoke Brion to argue for you, he's
> able to make his own
> arguments.

http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2006-December/012390.html

That is not the message I was thinking of.  I really
am not sure what it is that I am remembering but I
have read all his messages in the archive twice and it
is *not* by him.

You misunderstand me.  But my premise was mistaken, so
there is no point in explaining what I meant before I
realized that I was mistaken. :P

Birgitte SB