[Foundation-l] Automatic username transliteration for SUL

habj sweetadelaide at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 08:07:44 UTC 2006

2006/12/21, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com>:

> Is this the Wikimedia
> Foundation that allows people to edit its project anonymously ? Does
> this whole idea not reek of bad faith ? How hard is it to have people
> install fonts if they object to having to see ??????

A minor point, but...

What about the people who edit from computers on which they can not
install software? Public computers, computers at work, the parents' or
boyfriends' computer. Lots of people do this from time to time. Then
we have people like me. I've tried a couple of times to get Japanese
characters in my box simply because I think it would be cool but I
have failed, maybe because my OS is old and stuff is not supported any
more - maybe because I just did it wrong. (No info on how to do that
in this thread, please. I promise you, the first three things you'll
tell me I have already tried - and it does not belong on this list,
anyhow.)

/HB