[Foundation-l] English Wikipedia ethnocentric policy affects other communities

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 01:41:05 UTC 2006

On 21/12/06, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Your reply completely fails to address any points whatsoever of the
> > text you actually quoted.

> It does not help that you only quote part of what I wrote. What you
> quote from is a message where I inform that the imposition of a policy
> that might force me to change my users will only make me retract from a
> project and in this particular case I would stop running the interwiki
> service that I have been running for more than a year.

Of course. But that's not what his email says at all, and so your
reply completely fails to address any points whatsoever of his
message. Which you actually quoted in the process!

Even if you aren't, you do seem to be working on a fundamental
assumption that anyone from en:wp is fundamentally out to cause you
problems. This is not in fact the case. Please make an attempt to
assume better faith.

- d.