[Foundation-l] English Wikipedia ethnocentric policy affects other communities

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 12:02:15 UTC 2006

Hoi,
It is not a matter of "you bad bad en.wikipedia admins". With single
login there is no way this policy can be kept. Checking for characters
that belong together is feasible. With a technology that will be
implemented that allows for one user in all projects it is impossible to
maintain that Latin characters are to be used throughout the whole of
wikipedia. Suggesting that this is not to be implemented would be
outrageous.
Thanks,
    GerardM