[Foundation-l] Fundraising update

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 19:50:54 UTC 2006

Hello,
thank you for your help.
Yes, I agree it would be not helpful for visitors living in Hungary. I
guess however it would be useful for the visitors living in US now or
Germany or France ... In Japan, most of jawiki* visitors are in the
same situation, but according to statistics, 300,000 Japanese
nationality holders reside in the United States. Similar things could
happen in other language community?

Cheers,

On 12/19/06, Bence Damokos <bdamokos at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
> I've put back the tax  deductibility link, though I still think its
> unnecessary as only a portion of the visitors come from the US (
> http://stats.wikipedia.hu/cgi-bin/awstats.pl).
>
> I'll have a look at the translated FAQ page.
>
> Regards, Bence Damokos
>
> On 12/18/06, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 17/12/06, Aphaia <aphaia at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hello
> > > A comment came from a community:
> > >
> > Talk:Translation_request/WMF/Fundraising_Sitenotice%28default%29/2006&rcid=484233
> > > ----
> > > Hungarian is at hu:MediaWiki:Sitenotice, the Tax-deductibility link is
> > > taken out, as it doesn't apply in Hungary.--Dami 21:12, 17 December
> > > 2006 (UTC)
> > > ----
> > >
> > > Brad, we will apprecite your comment about such localization.
> >
> > On the matter of Hungarian... we've been sent a copy of the entire
> > Fundraising FAQ translated into Hungarian by a kind user; the draft is
> > at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Datrio/notepad waiting for
> > Datrio to copy it over.
> >
> > Could our Hungarian speakers glance over it and see if anything
> > important was missed out? Thanks!
> >
> > --
> > - Andrew Gray
> >   andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk