[Foundation-l] Fundraising update

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 07:10:18 UTC 2006

Thanks, Brad, for your clarification.

On 12/18/06, Brad Patrick <bpatrick at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> I think the best approach is to keep the notice, and add individual
> localized information on the Deductability of Donations page, see DE and
> FR comments, for example. This will prevent any confusion that may arise
> about the law that applies to WMF in other countries.

So how are we going to clarify it? Here we need clear criteria what to
describe and not. Currently the default link may be led to
deductability page in English and now mentions only US, Deutschland (
in German) and France ( in French). There is no other country or area
information. Some editor tried to add "no deductability in ..." in her
language, but self-reverted. Similar ideas could happen to arise in
other's mind.

- Yes, add your country information in your language to the central page !
- Eh, sorry no, we are going to say "In other countries no tax
deductability is available as of December 18, 2006" on that page
additionaly, and encourage you to their language page.

Which direction are we going? Thoughts?
Cheers,

--
KIZU Naoko