[Foundation-l] wikipedia.it

Walter Vermeir walter at wikipedia.be
Thu Dec 14 17:31:58 UTC 2006

Michael Bimmler <mbimmler at ...> writes:

> I just heard (and saw), that when going to wikipedia.it, there is now
> a grey banner at the head, stating "hosted by yepa and a link to
> http://wikipedia.it/disclaimer.html". I wonder a bit, whether this has
> been discussed with italian wikipedia community and whether WMF is all
> right with this (after all this is probably the way through which most
> italians access itwiki, rather than via it.wikipedia.org)
>
> Michael

Considering that the domain "wikipedia.it" is not the owned by the Wikimedia
Foundation it is already fantastic it points to the Italian Wikipedia and with
only that relative discrete banner on the top.

I believe that domain used to point to a totally irrelevant website in the
past. Good commercial move from the owner of that domain.

--
Contact: walter AT wikizine DOT org
Wikizine.org - news for and about the Wikimedia community