[Foundation-l] Agreement between local chapters and Foundation

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 22:53:49 UTC 2006

On 12/12/06, florencedevouard <anthere at anthere.org> wrote:
> The resolution concerning the agreement between local chapters and WMF
> may be found here:
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Agreement_between_chapters_and_Wikimedia_Foundation
>
> More interesting is the agreement itself:
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Agreement_between_chapters_and_Wikimedia_Foundation
>
> The agreement proper was essentially drafted by the local chapters
> coordinator, Delphine Ménard, the UK chapter, Alison Wheeler and our GC,
> Brad Patrick.
>
> That's a good step !

Yes, it looks very sensible. Nice work!

Only thing I can think of is that chapters would probably like to sell
things such as DVDs. Does this document need something about
fundraising or does that just belong in bylaws?
"providing the full content of these wiki-based projects to the public
free of charge" -- is selling content in opposition to this goal? or
is it OK as long as the material is still available free of charge
elsewhere.

cheers
Brianna
user:pfctdayelise