[Foundation-l] OLPC & Windows?

Darko Bulatovic mail at itam.ws
Wed Dec 6 15:09:07 UTC 2006

Andrew Gray wrote:

> The capacity to expand these machines by running Windows is also the
> capacity to expand these machines in a dozen different ways, many of
> which haven't been thought of. Windows is simply a nice driving force
> to get the capacity there.

As I have understand this system has lot of specifics, the laptop
hardware ask for some unusual requirements (no hdd,...), quite different
power management, etc. Also it has limiter processor resources which
looks to me to like basic requirement for specific OS. So right out of
box i don't see how will windows run on this. never less i am personally
more interested in current Open Source solution as it will give
possibility for localization and adaption for specific use in different
circumstances by local development community.

Darko