[Foundation-l] [Wikichix-l] Moderating an open list

Darko Bulatovic mail at itam.ws
Tue Dec 5 17:19:34 UTC 2006

To be Honest,

Lot of Men don't watch how they treat women in communication. Many of
them use sexual connotations in discussion (it is probably that what
Frojd talked in all his books). In that situation is very hard to stay
cool as person feel underestimated, and community must work against
this.  ( I didn't think about anyone particular just general so I don't
say that this is reason for objection of others).

In positive discrimination, I meant that smaller group (in this case
women) have right to chose separate topic that is related to their
interest never less  regarding opinion of majority (in this case
mans).So numbers should not be counted here. This is just a reality that
one (sub)group exist inside community.
 If one topic(mailing list) exist there that is not of concern of some
other group why is should not be there? Because it is not interesting to
majority? I think it is best for community to build inside subgroups
instead that groups build their communication outside of community (e.g.
google groups, yahoo groups,...). That looks to me more like tearing
apart that to build inside community an mailing list - it is more like
reorganization.

I think that this can also encourage other women to participate in WMF
projects, as they will find comfort and help in this sub group-mailing
list.

Also thank you for Idea we will try to use this as model for our
organization.

Darko