[Foundation-l] [Wikichix-l] Moderating an open list

Matt R matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 5 16:07:09 UTC 2006

--- Birgitte SB <birgitte_sb at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Andre Engels <andreengels at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I don't see any indication that people get attacked
> > for bringing up the
> > issue. I don't see much attacking going on, although
> > the discussion isn't as
> > civil as it should be either - from both sides. But
> > if you see everyone who
> > has doubts about the extent of sexism in Wikipedia
> > as attacking you for
> > bringing it forward, you are indeed too
> > thin-skinned. Why not see those as
> > requests for information instead?
> >
> A person says they are worried about being attacked
> for bringing up an issue and the response is that
> don't know what it means to be "attacked".  That only
> physical attacks count.  That "worring about being
> attacked" (i.e. feeling intimidated) means she is
> "thin-skined".  Seriously fuck off.

Not cool.

There are attacks (e.g. "seriously fuck off"), and there are "attacks" (e.g. "I
disagree with what you say"). Andre is correct: for the most part, the comments
in this thread have been of the "I disagree with what you say" type. The most
notable exception being your outburst above.

-- Matt

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Matt_Crypto
Blog: http://cipher-text.blogspot.com