[Foundation-l] [Wikichix-l] Moderating an open list

rfrangi at libero.it rfrangi at libero.it
Tue Dec 5 15:39:24 UTC 2006

> Besides the opposition from some to having this hosted here, there's also:
>
>    http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Non_discrimination_policy
>
> "The Wikimedia Foundation prohibits discrimination against current or
> prospective users and employees on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
> national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally
> protected characteristics."
>
> -- Matt

That was my point. I just think that a Foundation that promotes projects "that anyone can edit" should not, in any case, maintain mailing lists "that only a group of people can access". And this holds true for "any" group, regardless of its composition.

That's far from being against WikiChicks or WikiWhaterver.

Roberto (Snowdog)