[Foundation-l] Introducing a new mailing list

rfrangi at libero.it rfrangi at libero.it
Tue Dec 5 09:15:07 UTC 2006

[snip]
> Also, it is not necessary to ask the community for anything. You should
> have noticed that these ladies are quite capable organising what is
> needed themselves. They do not need me or you to get a mailing list, a
> chat channel, their own wiki. I would also suggest that it is not for
> the community to agree or endorse. There is a need. What is perceived to
> be needed has been organised and we, the community, have been informed.
>
> Thanks,
>      GerardM

Yes exactly, any given group can set up it's own communication channel, and does not need to ask the community. But if the foundation open one of this channels, the foundation will have to deal with similar requests and potentially face problems if one of this requests is turned down.

Because WikiChicks is a WMF mailing list, right? Or di I misunderstood something?

Roberto (Snowdog)