[Foundation-l] Montenegrin request for new language wikipedia

Darko Bulatovic mail at itam.ws
Sat Dec 2 23:53:27 UTC 2006

Jimmy Wales wrote:
> David Gerard wrote:
>
>> On 02/12/06, Darko Bulatovic <mail at itam.ws> wrote:
>>

>>> Dont put words in my mouth, it is rude thing to do. As this is not key
>>> it is just one fact in the history of Balkan. And Balkan is not UK. And
>>> this comparison just shows that you don't have a clue what you talk about.
>>>
>> I don't know if you've noticed, but you've so far managed to convince
>> absolutely no-one here.
>>

> I am not at all convinced that we should have even the 3 wikipedias we
> have right now.  In general, it is quite reasonable to say that there is
> in fact one language here, not 3, not 4, not 10.
>
> The problem of two writing systems is a difficult one, yes.  But the
> fact remains that if you sit down over a beer with people from all these
> dialects, they can laugh and joke and have fun together just as well as
> people with different dialects of English.
>
> --Jimbo

Yes you are right Jimbo, but those people have problem to write same.
And it will look very silly if you combine it. So it is not exactly
"dialect" it is variations that have different rules.
One caricature :
Kud si aknula, dite na izvan, bona bre, sakam te, ce ge vidimo mori da
gi ne pometesh.
I ne brini sakam te, i odistina ce te fukam do zorata, te dua, moja
djevojko."

Darko Bulatovic