[Foundation-l] Montenegrin request for new language wikipedia

Darko Bulatovic mail at itam.ws
Sat Dec 2 20:27:36 UTC 2006

geni wrote:
> On 12/2/06, Darko Bulatovic <mail at itam.ws> wrote:
>
>> mainly in English or Multilingual as France, Italian Russian, etc... In
>> 99% there is no any of similar languages. That is not a wonder as
>> Montenegro is very small market. beside English I can use Croat, Bosnian
>> as even as Serbian. That is case as I was born in country (SFR
>> Yugoslavia) where we all learned unified language.
>>

> Then why not continue to use it?

Because it those not exist any more.
>> ... You need to find alibi to clear your
>> self for not doing what you should? Or at least to ask for some facts
>> that will show more clearly this topic. Instead you jump into
>> conclusion. It is easier i know. But you denied my identity and identity
>> of my people,Denied our own language forcing-suggesting to use language
>> of different people.
>>

> According to your government the language of Montenegro is Serbian of
> the Ijekavian dialect. The Declaration of Montenegrin PEN Center
> doesn't claim it as anything more than a dialect.

According to the constitution (your source ) Montenegro is part of SR
Yugoslavia. Do you claim that also? Please read draft for new constitution.

>> You talked all time about politics. And now lets talk about politics
>> I know who I am and I know in which language I talk and you constantly
>> deny that. How should I feel about this?
>>

> You should consider the possibility of transferring your
> understandable national pride to other things.

You could consider to stop telling me that language in which I talk
don't exist.

>> You in this way support pro Miloshevic and national-chauvinism politic
>> from Belgrade which denied natural right to have his own identity to
>> anyone from former Yugoslavia.
>>

> Miloshevic is dead.

But not his politic which is sad.

>> It is ok by me I understand that you have some private business that you
>> need to spare more time but please don't justify your self by using this
>> kind of discussion(tv manuals, companies that don't use Montenegrin to
>> translate,OS ...)as this case affect one (half million) people and one
>> language.
>>

> No at most 22% of your country describes the language they speak as
> Montenegrin. That would be a little over 140K people.

So you admit that Montenegrin language exist? I don't follow you here?