[Foundation-l] Montenegrin request for new language wikipedia

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 2 19:08:39 UTC 2006

--- geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/2/06, Darko Bulatovic <mail at itam.ws> wrote:
> > Today when war is over and we know everything what
> happen and we did go
> > peacefully for our freedom, you make you self
> blind and you talk me
> > about working under Serbian wikipedia?
>
> No not the Serbian wikipedia. En is not the English
> wikipedia it is
> the English language wikipedia. Just because there
> was once a country
> called England does not mean that the wikipedia
> belongs to that
> country. Instead wikipedias are divided by language.
> In this case the
> correct name for the language would probably be
> Serbo-Croatian.

This right here is the key the whole thread.
Wikipedia sub-domains are seperated by written
languages not nations.  The goal should be to have the
least amount of subdomains possible to concetrate
reasources.  When in doubt we should not create a
subdomain.

The question I have is are we going to examine all
current (or at least inactive) subdomains in the near
future for merging possibilities?

Birgitte SB