[Foundation-l] Automatic username transliteration for SUL

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 14:03:41 UTC 2006

Hoi,
It does not. There is no standard yet that includes the differentiation
between spoken dialects. With the ISO-639-6 this will become to
differentiate between different linguistic entities even for pronunciations.
When this standard becomes functional, it will be possible to identify a
word as to be associated with a specific spoken linguistic entity and
consequently software will be able to guess how it needs to be pronounced.
Thanks,
     GerardM