[Foundation-l] when uploading pictures to commons ....

henna henna at wikipedia.be
Mon Dec 18 14:25:11 UTC 2006

> On 12/18/06, Walter van Kalken <walter at vankalken.net> wrote:
> > Yes and now here is the catch. The graphic is all over wikipedia
> > already. Like in nl.wikipedia on the India page as a thumbnail. Now
> > someone clicks on it and is immediately taken to the original huge .svg
> > file which crashes firefox 2 about 50% of the times and IE doesn't seem
> > to be able to open it at all.
>
> That shouldn't be what happens. When the user clicks on the thumbnail
> they should be brought to a larger image on the image page.
>
> If the image on nlwikipedia is doing that, we have a copyright related
> problem and some rendering warts should be the least of our worries.
>
> Can you give me a URL on nlwikipedia where this is happening to you?
Just to make sure, when I tried to get to the image from [[nl:India]]
I was taken straight to the image page, not the image itself. If you
still try to see the complete one after that it's your decision, not
our fault.

henna

--
"Maybe you knew early on that your track went from point A to B, but
unlike you I wasn't given a map at birth!" Alyssa, "Chasing Amy"