[Foundation-l] Fundraising start

Brad Patrick bradp.wmf at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 23:08:55 UTC 2006

Hello, world:

I want to provide everyone with the situation regarding fundraising.
(www.wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Fundraising)

* Fundraising page in its new form is up and running in many languages.
* Need to migrate FAQ from comcom to Foundation wiki
* Need to migrate Press release from comcom to Foundation wiki
* Need to translate FAQ on Foundation wiki
* Need to translate Press release on Foundation wiki
* Need to translate Anthere's appeal on Foundation wiki where not translated
* Site notice needs to be translated in four forms
- Default - now
- Sponsor #1 (matching) -  sometime next week
- Sponsor #2 (matching) - sometime next week
- Sponsor #3 (Anonymous matching) - sometime next week

A word about matching.  So far we expect to have a significant match
extending over several days from an anonymous donor, and two
corporations with matching dates we are still working out.  We don't
have the dates completely set in stone yet, and they will not be in
place until next week. For now, the regular fundraising is underway.  We
are finalizing the site notices shortly, and will be working on all of
this tonight.

Thank you for your patience, and for your support of Wikimedia!

-Brad