[Foundation-l] Concerns over en.wikipedia.org ArbCom Election Process

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 10:31:18 UTC 2006

On 12/8/06, Stephanie Erin Daugherty <stephanie at sosdg.org> wrote:
> In an election, when you can't say how you really feel about someone,
> thats a problem. Just because I'm friends with someone does NOT mean I
> think their suitable for arbcom, steward, board, or even adminship. I
> should be able to vote without risk to friendships, or the influence of
> various wikipedia cabals.

A lot of people seem to be voting conscience in the arbcom election.
Some very well known people have gotten a lot of negative votes,
including from people who I percieve as their friends in the admin and
senior editor community.

If you truly believe that your vote needs to be not attrbuted, then
it's perfectly fair play to create a second account and not vote from
your known account.  As long as you don't double-vote, it's perfectly
"legal" and completely functional at disguising you.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com