[Foundation-l] Introducing a new mailing list

Corum O' Fallamhain corumsmail at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 14:20:24 UTC 2006

I am genuinely suprised that any women would want their own seperate mailing
list. After all, in times gone by, men deliberately kept women seperate from
men in virtually all public spheres because after all, women were
"delicate", "fragile", "silly" and incapable of discussing serious issues
with the "more rational" men. The arguments presented here about how women
don't feel welcome here due to the "aggressive atmosphere" or whatever seem
very familiar... since they are the same arguments presented by sexist,
bigoted MEN in the 19th century who thought "frivolous" women weren't
capable of making it doing anything else other than making our tea and
cleaning our houses,. Setting up a seperate list for women is the most
ironic suggestion I've seen for a long time.  That's my 0.02EUR anyway.

Corum.