[Foundation-l] Fwd: NYTimes.com: African Languages Grow as a Wikipedia Pr...

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Mon Aug 28 00:32:23 UTC 2006

In a message dated 8/27/2006 6:17:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
gerard.meijssen at gmail.com writes:

It is  imho wrong to call it languages in developing regions, it is not
that  simple and the article cited is about Wikipedia in its African
settings.

Actually, the article cited doesnt mention WiktionaryZ, which was the bulk
of your email. I am talking in principle, when we refer to projects that need a
 nudge, let's not just focus on African languages because it happens to be in
 vogue. There are plenty of other important languages out there that also
need a  gentle push so that they can reach their full potential.

Danny