[Foundation-l] REMINDER: Skypecast - Wikipedia Conversation from Florida

Andrew Lih andrew.lih at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 22:48:58 UTC 2006

> As we've seen with the (lack of) success with today's skypecast,
> simply using whatever proprietary toys we have laying on our desks is
> probably not a good solution.

I'm all with you Greg (in general) but today's problems was simple -
the network in the building has been crapola all day starting from
8:30am when Danny called me. Even right now, Michael Davis, Brad
Patrick, Danny Wool and I are sipping up a minute of connectivity for
every five minutes of downtime.

No free, commercial, communist, capitalist, oligarchal software can
broadcast with a severed connection.

We can argue the merits of the free software on its own terms, but
dumping on the technical merits of Skypecasting because of a lame ISP
isn't fair.

-Andrew (User:Fuzheado)