[Foundation-l] REMINDER: Skypecast - Wikipedia Conversation from Florida

Austin Hair adhair at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 15:41:54 UTC 2006

> I had assume that, like Wikimania 2006, this means that it will be
> available in every format except the ones useful to users of free
> software.

Unfortunately, one limitation of HLS's video setup was that the live
stream was only available in Real format.  We are, however, going out
of our way to make sure that when the recordings are made available,
it will be in a Free format—this is, in fact, the reason we don't have
them yet.

Audio recordings were posted as soon as humanly possible in their
original format, MP3, a format readily understood by a wide variety of
free software players.  If you mean "patent-free" in addition to your
"free software" constraint, however, converted Vorbis files exist
also.

Austin