[Foundation-l] Wikiversity

Michael R. Irwin michael_irwin at verizon.net
Wed Aug 16 07:18:30 UTC 2006

Jeff V. Merkey wrote:

>Has anyone considered the possibility of actually instrumenting an
>online course of instruction (beyond creating the content) and applying
>for accredidation of the whole project and going after real funding?
>
>Jeff

Various naysayers were intensely against this including members of the
Board.

There was a lot of concern that long term efforts necessary to become
accredited would be misused, misrepresented, and misunderstood by
various users of the site.   Rather than encouraging individuals or
teams of volunteers to begin long term investigations, the entire issue
was essentially tabled for after we have an effective Wikiversity site
and community of participants thriving.

regards,
lazyquasar