[Foundation-l] Wikiversity

Amgine amgine at saewyc.net
Mon Aug 14 23:42:57 UTC 2006

On 14-Aug-06, at 4:35 PM, Elisabeth Bauer wrote:

> James Hare wrote:
>> A thing that should be pointed out...
>>
>> Don't worry about policies and guidelines, start working on things
>> and let
>> the policies come in later. I believe Jimbo posted something to
>> this effect
>> when Wikinews was new.
>>
>> However, things that SHOULD be noted include NPOV.
>
> I'm not sure if the concept of NPOV fits for a collaborative research
> project. Maybe one of the project supporters can say something
> about this.
>
> greetings,
> elian

That would be very interesting, since as I have been led to believe
research is not a part of the project until they have developed at
least minimal guidelines for approving it. NPOV is an element of good
research, as is an ethics review board, and human subjects review
board that is relevant.

Amgine