[Foundation-l] board, babysitting, speaking engagements, etc.

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 20:53:25 UTC 2006

On 8/12/06, daniwo59 at aol.com <daniwo59 at aol.com> wrote:
> This conversation had jumped back and forth from single-instance expenses
> (eg. babysitting costs) to much larger issues such as speakers fees. With the
> number of speaking requests pouring in to the Foundation (and they come in at
> an  ever increasing rate), I want to suggest the following guidelines for board
>  members and others giving talks about the Foundation.

What about the requests that don't come in via an official Foundation
address? If individuals are approached, are you expecting them to
follow these guidelines, or would those not count as official
Foundation talks? Do we have any way of knowing which events are
expecting an official representative of the Foundation?

> 7. The Speaker Subcommittee will also request an honorarium
> , to be paid to the Foundation, for providing a speaker.

Are you suggesting that this Subcommittee would only send people if an
honorarium was to be received? Or would you just be requesting it on
the slim chance there is one? Considering I've only ever once been
offered one, it doesn't seem very likely most speakers are going to
get this, unless you want to start turning down the opportunity to
promote the projects except in the very rare cases where money will be
involved.

An additional point to consider is whether this subcommittee will be
the ones booking the transport.

Angela.