[Foundation-l] board candidacies

Anthere Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 12 01:03:42 UTC 2006

Jimmy Wales wrote:
> Anthere wrote:
>
>>I am currently required to spend my own money to go and give speeches.
>>This has been the case for over 2 years now.
>
> The board passed a budget for your expenses and to my knowledge, you
> have never used it all up, nor have you asked
> for an increase, nor have you ever submitted any claim for expenses
> which has been denied.  Standard policy has always
> been that board members should be reimbursed upon request for reasonable
> travel expenses.
>

>>This said, Michael wrote yesterday that I should ask for my child care
>>costs to be covered. Does that need a resolution ?
>>

> No, it just requires you to submit your request.  As always.
>
> --Jimbo

Hmmmm. Right.
/me notes.

Just for the info (some might wonder after all), the current policy,
approved 2 years ago, is 1000 dollars per quarter for Angela and I. 3000
dollars per quarter for Jimbo.

I suggested a revision of this policy in december 2005, which may be
found on meta (it was before we moved to the private board wiki) :
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WMF_policy:_Travel_expense_reimbursements

The new amounts suggested by Mav were removed, as they were to be
included in the budget. I am not fully sure what these were, but I think
it was 5000 for Jimbo and 3000 for other board members.

We did not make any budget in 2006 (we could never agree on one).
And this policy was never passed.
I do not know how far we exceeds (or not) the 1000 Angela/Anthere and
the 3000 Jimbo budget.

ant