[Foundation-l] Celebrity pictures

Mark Evans alberrosidus at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 09:56:12 UTC 2006

I assume Garion96 & Larberg were speaking of the album covers Jimbo
mentioned in his post. If not, please let us know.
I'm no expert about copyright law, but I don't see how it would be possible
for a record company to give us such a 'free' image without compromising the
integrity of their copyright. All that they would be able to give us would
be an alternative image that they had no interest in protecting, which
wouldn't be useful to us. Maybe we could get free photos of bands from Sony,
but that amounts to the publicity photos mentioned earlier. I doubt that
Time Warner or UMG would give us a suitable substitute for the album
cover for Nirvana's Nevermind.