[Foundation-l] Bot flagging, stewards, & bureaucrats

Sam Korn smoddy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 16:27:02 UTC 2006

On 4/28/06, Anthere <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Whether technically possible or not technically possible, Proxybot was
> both a sysop and a bot on the cs.wikipedia.
> His activity is to block ips :
> http://cs.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Speciální%3ALog&type=block&user=Proxybot&page=
>
> Is that suitable that a bot also has a sysop status ?

Perhaps more pertinently, why does this bot need bot status?  I don't
believe being a bot hides your admin activites from the log or
elsewhere.  Apart from it being semantically correct, there is no
reason why this bot should be flagged as such.  Indeed, I can't
actually imagine any circumstance where a bot needs sysop privileges
to *edit*, which is the only area that botship (?) actually affects.

--
Sam