[Foundation-l] Speedy deleting images w/o explicit license

Roberto Frangi rfrangi at coopetition.it
Sun Sep 18 02:11:15 UTC 2005

I agree completely with Brion. On it.wikipeida we have recently agreed
on a proposal to remove all unverified images and also a lot of fair use
images (or should I call them fair abuse?). No matter what the upload
dialog states, people seems to be struck by selective blindness when it
comes to uploading images. I had to put a warning just above the "Source
fimename:" box. It's written in red and with a bigger font size. It says
somithing like: "Warning: Files lacking an indication of the source and
the licence under which  are released will be deleted!". Well, seems
that some people still are unable to read it (even if they are less than
in the past). Is there any way  to make  the phrase blinking?

I've spent the last three weeks deleting images from it.wikipedia and i
can tell you 90% of images are just grabbed somewhere else. You can tell
the difference,  genuine images are usually bigger in size.

Roberto Frangi (Snowdog)