[Foundation-l] Re: a crazy idea...

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 10 07:35:02 UTC 2005

David Gerard wrote:

> Angela (beesley at gmail.com) [050908 06:06]:
>

>>I've been thinking this over for a few days, and I believe the option
>>of reunifying meta and the Foundation wiki makes most sense. The
>>separation means little to external people and only causes extra work
>>for internal people. If we need pages to be uneditable, we can just
>>protect them rather than hiding them on a less visited, less wiki,
>>site.
>

> I predict the first thing to happen will be a pile of spurious deletion
> nominations.
>

> - d.

It goes without saying that this should not be done at the expense of
all the sometimes borderline pages sitting on meta. By borderline, I in
particular refer to
* the humor pages, frequently proposed for deletions
* the personal opinions
* etc...

I like the proposal in the sense the current situation is not practical.

I do not like it because I fear it will result in a sort of censorship,
with pages kept only those being of that awful CPOV. I wonder if
something like a namespace "foundation" could be created within meta,
which would clearly mention these pages are "official" (whatever that
means" while others may reflect other opinions.

Ant