[Foundation-l] a crazy idea...

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 20:06:10 UTC 2005

On 8/30/05, Elisabeth Bauer <elian at djini.de> wrote:

> In my opinion, there are three options:
> * we can continue like this and try to make the best out of it
> * we can drastically reduce the number of pages on WMF, limit the
> translations and make it a very simple information site (similar to what
> was done on http://www.wikimedia.de, the german associations site)
> * or we can reunify meta-wiki and the WMF wiki under
> http://www.wikimedia.org

> Test wikipedias would be moved from meta to somewhere else, as well as
> the mediawiki documentation (there is now a dedicated mediawiki wiki) to
> not clutter up recentchanges anymore.

I've been thinking this over for a few days, and I believe the option
of reunifying meta and the Foundation wiki makes most sense. The
separation means little to external people and only causes extra work
for internal people. If we need pages to be uneditable, we can just
protect them rather than hiding them on a less visited, less wiki,
site.

If the test wikis and help pages are moved elsewhere, I think meta can
become useful again, and that the inclusion of all the Foundation
pages there would be preferable to the current situation.

Angela.